Setting default homepages for groups or individuals

Kristin Kelly August 4, 2014

how do set a certain home page for groups of people or individual people, as opposed to all users? I understand this can be adjusted in personal settings per user, but is there a way I can control it with admin access by group\individual?

3 answers

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2014

Kristin,

According to the latest comment, I'm just linking this answers thread in this case, since both questions are related to the same context. So, in case of having the clarification here or there, we can use it for further reference. :)

Cheers,

Giu

Kristin Kelly August 20, 2014

Thanks for sneding this. Is there a way to submit this to for you guys to fix if our developers cant?

I actually have a few things i need changed but I dont know code and our team doesn't have the bandwidth to do it as quicky as our CEO is asking for it. Please advise on if there us atlassian support to help with this or if we can get on a call and walk me through.

Thank you

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Hi Kristin,

There is one plugin here which might suite your need :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.hascode.confluence.plugin.redirection-plugin

Thank you

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Kristin Kelly August 5, 2014

Thanks Wayne.

Also - I re configured the default landing page called Media Sales. However, when people log in, the have to go to the Application Navigator and click "DaddyNet" (in image below) in order to see the Media Sales home page that I set to default. Can you tell me how to make DaddyNet the default when people login and not "EngineerDesk"?

Thanks!!

SimratPal Singh September 2, 2014

Kristin, were you able to use this plugin to set confluence home page specific to groups?? If yes please share you method on how you did that and any other findings.

Kristin Kelly September 2, 2014

Hello,

I was not. We are trying to distinguish between Confluence and Jira homepages, and unfortunately that is not something that is do-able at this time. See response to my more specific request below.

"If I understood correctly, you want your Confluence users to be redirected to Confluence when they log in, not to JIRA, as it is now. Unfortunately, that is not possible. There is an improvement request for that, that you can find here: https://jira.<span< a="">>atlassian.com/browse/AOD-5994."

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
August 4, 2014

Hi Kristin,

There is one plugin here which might suite your need :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.hascode.confluence.plugin.redirection-plugin

Thank you

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events