Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set an "Expration Date" on a Confluence page

Donald Livingston November 3, 2011

I'm part of a team using Confluence to maintain our internal documentation. One problem we seem to be running into is with pages that have time sensitive information. We run into pages that have information months or years our of date. Is there a plug in or macro that will either send an email notification (or even more ideally create a JIRA ticket) when ever a confluence page has not been updated after a given period of time?

9 answers

2 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

You may want to take a look at the Confluence Archiving Plugin.

Donald Livingston November 23, 2011

ideally we'd like to be able to set an 'expiration date' on each individual page, some pages will need a monthly update others may only need to be checked every six months or once a year. The more I look at this plugin, it doesn't seem to do that, it sets the same expire period for all pages in a given space.

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2011

It was just a suggestion, as far as I know there is no plugin that exactly covers all your requirements. You would need to develop a custom plugin: use the job module to create a job that runs daily/monthly/etc. and checks the last modification date or a custom "expiration" date stored in the content entity object of a Confluence page.

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

@Donald this is not completely true!

you can set a expiry period for the whole space, but you can also mark the pages that you don't want to be checked with the "noarchive" and "noarchive-single" tags. the former will disable the checks on the particular page and all its child pages recursively (i..e the complete subtree), while the latter will disable the checks only on that particular page.

see this section in the user manual.

using these tags creatively should help you to implement your custom retention policy.

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2017

Please vote for this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-9699

0 votes
Fabian Lopez March 2, 2014

Thanks for releasing Archiving Plugin 3.0.0 with this feature. I will test it as soon as possible

Fabian

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2014

Sorry, no progress on this concept.

Amanda Manley April 3, 2019

was this ever completed?

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2014

UPDATE: we have released Archiving Plugin 3.0.0 some days ago. It implements the feature Fabian Lopez (and many other users) requested for.

As written in the release notes:

To satisfy the most popular feature request, page expiration is now also checked against specific dates, not only against periods starting from the last update.

Just add the tag "expire-14/2/25" and you will be notified when the page expires on 25 February 2014. It is supported for single pages and page tree as well, and integrates seamlessly with the other features (statistics, event streams, notifications).

Get the plugin or install it through the Universal Plugin Manager.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2014

This use case (feature) is in the near-time roadmap of the Archiving Plugin!

Please remember to vote on it, to make sure that it gets higher priority in our backlog:

https://midori.zendesk.com/entries/26988316-CARCH-Pages-expiring-at-a-given-date

0 votes
Fabian Lopez January 3, 2014

hi sherif,

do you have any progress on this particular concept? I would like to be able to set an Expiration Date to a page and then see that in a table or receive an email reminder.

I checked archiving plugin but it set a period after creation/modification and I really need to set a hard date based on the content

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2013

Hi David,

Are you still looking for something to do this? I'd love to talk to you as we are thinking of doing something core to the product to do this and I'd love to speak to some customers to get a better understanding of what they are after. Let me know if you can - sherif at atlassian dot com.

Sherif

Jamie August 29, 2020

Hey Sherif,

Did this ever get added to core?

0 votes
Donald Livingston November 22, 2011

I took a look at that plugin, but there seems to be issues with permissions https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/CARCH-37

Might there be another plugin or macro that will fill the job?

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

that problem was fixed in Archiving Plugin 2.1.0!

please see the release notes here

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events