Service desk portal customers knowledge base access

Alexander Isacson September 12, 2017

I only want users with access to my service desk portal to access the knowledge base.

According to the documentaion this should be possible by selecting "Anyone with access to your serivce desk". 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/serving-customers-with-a-knowledge-base-732528995.html

However that options is not available in my JSD knowledgebase settings page. Why?

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Please let me know what version of Jira Service Desk (JSD) you are using. The documentation you linked is for JSD Cloud. Is that the platform you are on? If so, the options should be:

• Everyone with access to your service desk can read articles without a Confluence license.
  • Only licensed users who have access to the space

If you are using JSD server 3.8.x you should have these options:

• All active users and customers can access the knowledge base without a Confluence license.
  • Only licensed users who have access to the space

Some older versions of JSD server did not yet include these options. To check the doc for your version, see the pulldown menu on the top right corner of this JSD server article: Serving customers with a knowledge base

Alexander Isacson September 19, 2017

We are using JSD Cloud on peaccounting.atlassian.net. 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events