Server startup error

Naman Mandli June 22, 2016

We are migrating confluence 2.10 to 3.5.17 and while tomcat 6 startup we are getting below error. WHat will be possible solution.

2016-06-22 11:33:12,468 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Initialising the plugin system
2016-06-22 11:33:12,692 INFO [main] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] init Plugin system started in 0:00:00.221
2016-06-22 11:33:13,884 INFO [main] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
2016-06-22 11:33:15,800 ERROR [main] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginManager' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'pluginStateStore' while setting constructor argument with index 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginStateStore' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaManager' while setting bean property 'bandanaManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaManager' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaPersister' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionalCacheFactory' while setting bean property 'cacheFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalCacheFactory' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'pluginStateStore' defined in class path resource [services/pluginServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaManager' while setting bean property 'bandanaManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaManager' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaPersister' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionalCacheFactory' while setting bean property 'cacheFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalCacheFactory' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaManager' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'bandanaPersister' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionalCacheFactory' while setting bean property 'cacheFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalCacheFactory' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'bandanaPersister' defined in class path resource [services/bandanaServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'transactionalCacheFactory' while setting bean property 'cacheFactory'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalCacheFactory' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionalCacheFactory' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'cacheManager' is defined
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:360)
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.ConfluenceListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(ConfluenceListableBeanFactory.java:118)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:914)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:241)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:227)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:267)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:110)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.resolveConstructorArguments(ConstructorResolver.java:401)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:121)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:800)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:718)

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2016

I suspect you've got a broken web.xml in the heart of the installation.

Did you create a clean, empty 3.5 installation and made sure it works before attempting the upgrade?  And when you did the upgrade, did you copy the web.xml file from the old installation?  (That's the usual culprit - the web.xml from 2.x is not valid for 3.x)

Naman Mandli June 23, 2016

I have restarted my server and I can see the 3.5.17 screen but looks like there might be some LDAP or related issue.

I cannot login.

Using admin credential if I login then I can see "Not permitted".

Also, there is no content on dashboard after login. 

After login I can see this on top of dialog box: "whats.new.dialog.heading".

What is wrong in the process of upgrade?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

I don't know, you haven't explained what you've done, or what error messages you are now getting.

I have followed these steps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Upgrading+Confluence+EAR-WAR+Distribution

Restart server. No error in logs.

But have following issues:

After login I can see this on top of dialog box: "whats.new.dialog.heading".

no content on dashboard after login. 

confluence home directory is as previous version.

Few users are not able to login. Any LDAP setting that I am missing??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2016

That's still suggesting a broken installation I'm afraid.

What happens if you install it completely cleanly?

We tried entire process with fresh copy of new version and endup by doing same thing.

We are not able to see any exception/error in the log but once we try to login using admin credential we are getting following labels:

whats.new.dialog.dont.show.again.desc

whats.new.dialog.heading

space.directory

NOW, we are not able to revert back to old version 2.10 and looks like our application server is starting in vary less time without toughing new software version 2.10.

How to revert back to version 2.10 or what is the resolution for 3.5.17

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2016

I'm sorry, I was not clear on "completely clean"

Have you tried a totally empty installation of 3.5?  Can you get that to run first?  Ignore your old data for now, just test that you can make 3.5 work without any data.

What do you mean by "empty installation of 3.5"? I have not added any data yet to 3.5

Please have a look at below screenshots. After login as an admin I am getting message as "Not permitted"(screenshot-3). 

1.JPG2.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2016

What you've said above is that you've been trying to upgrade a 2.10 installation to 3.5 and you've run into all sorts of problems, and when you've hit one, you seem to have carried on and done more stuff instead of fixing it.

What I'd like you to establish is that you can install 3.5 on the target server, with none of your data or configuration and have it work correctly as though it's a completely clean, fresh installation.  If that works, you can move on to upgrading.  If not, then you know you have setup problems that will be easier to debug because we know it's not your data!

Thanks. Let me try fresh installation of 3.5 directly without any data and configuration of mine.

Naman Mandli June 24, 2016

Fresh installation worked without changing any configuration. Now what should we do to get all our data back and user & group related information from MYSQL database. Rightnow it is pointing to 

HSQL Database Engine

Thank you so much for the help so far.

I have tried to change database configuration as per my 2.10 configuration and I am again getting the same problem as above screenshots. Please help.

I found this article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Database+Setup+For+MySQL

But this is for windows. What if I want to set up my database other than windows?

Looks like there is some issue with data backup.

Everything works fine until I starts the restore of data.

What should I do for restore of my old 2.10 data. I have database backup in .sql format.

I am moving attachment directory from my 2.10 home directory to 3.5.17 home directory.

I have the issue in Step 7 and 8.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Confluence+Setup+Guide

Please help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

Ok, sorry, been a bit distracted today.

So, you have a 3.5 system that works fine.  You now need to recreate the old database from the backup into a nice clean empty database using the standard database restoration tools for it.  Edit the dbconfig.xml file in <confluence home> so that it points at the new database, and then start the new installation.  It should  spot that the upgrade is needed and deal with it.

However, if that data is not a completely valid dataset for confluence, it may cause problems.

Is there any way to go back 2.10 version including data?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

Restore the backup you took of the 2.10 data

One thing I want to ask is I have restored one of the old backup zip file(from 2011 - the only zip I have). It works fine. smile 

BUT now I am not able to login. Reset is also not workingerror.JPG

What should I do reset?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2016

I don't have a note of the "recover admin password" doc for Confluence 2.x, but there should be one.  The first step is the email you've already tried, so you'll need to start looking at the database next.

I am talking about 3.5.17 password reset.

Naman Mandli June 25, 2016

Question 1: When I am trying to get back to 2.10, it is asking me for the evaluation licence. I am generating it but when I apply license key it says invalid key. What should I do for this?

Question 2 : Before starting upgrade from 2.10 to 3.5.17, I manually take back up of confluence home directory and exported data using DBVisualizer software in .sql format. Now I am setting up standalone 3.5.17 in my local machine and while server startup it is asking for backup zip file. I do not have that kind of back up.

Zip file includes - 

1) attachments folder(I have copied this folder from 2.10 home directory)

2) entities.xml (I don't have this - How to generate it?)

3) exportDescriptor.properties(I can create this file)

What should I do now for this step? How to generate this zip file?

Please help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2016
  1.  That suggests that the licence you had in the 2.10 installation was invalid, as going back to it should be using the existing licence.  So how were you running it before?

2. An xml backup has nothing to do with SQL.  To generate the xml/zip file, you need to run the Confluence from which you want to take the data and use "backup system" to generate it.  SQL is useless for that.  If you want to do it with SQL, you need use that to create a replica of the old database and then point a newer Confluence at it to do the upgrade.

Naman Mandli June 25, 2016

For 2) So you mean, I have to create a local copy of database using the backup SQL which I have taken from 2.10. And then run standalone version 3.5.17 on my local. Point 3.5.17 to local database and then take backup as xml/zip file. 

Note: 2.10 version is tottaly down and have back up of a. home directory b. database backup as sql. No license for 2.10 and somehow it was working since long time. smile

What about attachment directory which I have taken as back from confluence home directory of 2.10 before upgrading to 3.5.17? Should I copy that to local machine also or replica of sql will generate it for me automatically.

Thank you for supporting me so far. I appreciate Nic Brough.

Naman Mandli June 27, 2016

Please give me support for previous question.

Also

Now, I have copied entire 2.1 database to my local and pointing local 3.5 version to local database. Below error is coming:

2016-06-27 11:02:36,230 ERROR [http-8080-2] [com.atlassian.hibernate.HibernateObjectDao] findSingleObject Uh oh - found more than one object when single object requested: [globaldescription: v.1 (294914), globaldescription: v.1 (13205505)]
-- url: /dashboard.action | userName: admin
2016-06-27 11:02:36,230 ERROR [http-8080-1] [com.atlassian.hibernate.HibernateObjectDao] findSingleObject Uh oh - found more than one object when single object requested: [globaldescription: v.1 (294914), globaldescription: v.1 (13205505)]
-- url: /dashboard.action | userName: admin

Naman Mandli June 27, 2016

Also this error:

2016-06-27 11:01:05,000 ERROR [main] [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] deployPluginFromUnit Unable to deploy plugin 'com.atlassian.confluence.extra.widgetconnector', file Unit: C:\confluence\data\bundled-plugins\widgetconnector-1.3.8.jar (1340599508000)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager.getServiceTracker(FelixOsgiContainerManager.java:428)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory$1.create(OsgiPluginFactory.java:113)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiChainedModuleDescriptorFactoryCreator.create(OsgiChainedModuleDescriptorFactoryCreator.java:68)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPluginFactory.getChainedModuleDescriptorFactory(OsgiPluginFactory.java:291)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2016

The last two errors are suggesting that the system has not upgraded the data.

I'm afraid this setup is in quite a bit of a mess - I'd want to go back to the 2.10 installation and start again - export it to xml and try to import it into an empty 3.5

Naman Mandli June 28, 2016

XML/ZIP backup:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Upgrading+Confluence+EAR-WAR+Distribution

Backing Up
Before you begin the Confluence upgrade, you must back up the following:
1.Back up your Confluence Home directory.
2.Back up your database.
3.Back up your Confluence Installation directory.

This article has mentioned 3 steps for backing up my 2.10 instance.

You did not mentioned any XML/ZIP creation step for back up.

I have database backup in .sql format and entire home directory backup.

Now please tell me how to generate XML/ZIP from that. Now I do not have that database running and also 2.10 version is also down.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2016

As I said already, you can't get the xml out of that.

The reason I've suggested going back to your 2.10 and getting the xml out is that whatever you've been trying to do before is not working with SQL and restoration.

I think you need to go back to the beginning.  You have a 2.10 system running - please, take a full backup of that and stop before doing anything else.

Naman Mandli June 28, 2016

As I mentioned in my previous question : you didn't mentioned any thing to backup in XML/ZIP format during backup in the article of upgrade.

Now my 2.10 is DOWN and database is also wiped out. I have backup of my database.

What to do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2016

Er, it's not my documentation.

It would be better to start with a working 2.10.  As you have a backup of the database and attachments, you should start by getting that working.

The problems you're having with the upgrade are suggesting that simply pointing 3.5 at the data is not going to work, and you need that XML out.  The only way to get a working copy of the xml is to get 2.10 running properly.  Your SQL should contain everything you need barring the attachments.  If that is failing, then I'm afraid your SQL backup is damaged, and that effectively means you don't have a valid backup at all.

Naman Mandli June 29, 2016

What to do in the case of below error: 

When I am trying to backup and restore:

The following error(s) occurred: 

• com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Couldn't backup database data. at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEntities(AbstractXmlExporter.java:197) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEverything(AbstractXmlExporter.java:99) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.backupEverything(FileXmlExporter.java:83) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.doExport(AbstractXmlExporter.java:92) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.FileXmlExporter.doExport(FileXmlExporter.java:42) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.DefaultImportExportManager.exportAs(DefaultImportExportManager.java:106) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149) at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171) at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204) at $Proxy81.exportAs(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.actions.BackupAction.execute(BackupAction.java:65) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.intercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:55) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XsrfTokenInterceptor.intercept(XsrfTokenInterceptor.java:100) at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.ConfluenceXsrfTokenInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceXsrfTokenInterceptor.java:25) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.security.interceptors.CaptchaInterceptor.intercept(CaptchaInterceptor.java:46) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.LoggingContextInterceptor.intercept(LoggingContextInterceptor.java:49) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.CancellingInterceptor.intercept(CancellingInterceptor.java:23) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.security.websudo.WebSudoInterceptor.intercept(WebSudoInterceptor.java:66) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.security.actions.PermissionCheckInterceptor.intercept(PermissionCheckInterceptor.java:57) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.webwork.BootstrapAwareInterceptor.intercept(BootstrapAwareInterceptor.java:26) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.user.actions.UserAwareInterceptor.intercept(UserAwareInterceptor.java:58) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.CommentAwareInterceptor.intercept(CommentAwareInterceptor.java:43) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.PageAwareInterceptor.intercept(PageAwareInterceptor.java:106) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.actions.SpaceAwareInterceptor.intercept(SpaceAwareInterceptor.java:68) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.actions.LastModifiedInterceptor.intercept(LastModifiedInterceptor.java:38) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceAutowireInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceAutowireInterceptor.java:38) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.TransactionalInvocation.invokeAndHandleExceptions(TransactionalInvocation.java:76) at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.TransactionalInvocation.invokeInTransaction(TransactionalInvocation.java:61) at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XWorkTransactionInterceptor.intercept(XWorkTransactionInterceptor.java:56) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.SetupIncompleteInterceptor.intercept(SetupIncompleteInterceptor.java:40) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165) at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxy.execute(DefaultActionProxy.java:115) at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher.serviceAction(ConfluenceServletDispatcher.java:53) at com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(ServletDispatcher.java:199) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:46) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter$1.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:66) at com.atlassian.applinks.core.rest.context.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:25) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:74) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:42) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:77) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:63) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.security.websudo.MessagesDecoratorFilter.doFilter(MessagesDecoratorFilter.java:49) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.profiling.ProfilingPageFilter.parsePage(ProfilingPageFilter.java:84) at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:54) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:46) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:77) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:63) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.JmxFilter.doFilter(JmxFilter.java:106) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.core.filters.ServletContextThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(ServletContextThreadLocalFilter.java:19) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.LoggingContextFilter.doFilter(LoggingContextFilter.java:40) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.ThreadLocalCacheFilter.doFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:22) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.UserThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(UserThreadLocalFilter.java:44) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.seraph.filter.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:211) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.security.auth.trustedapps.filter.TrustedApplicationsFilter.doFilter(TrustedApplicationsFilter.java:98) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter.doFilter(AbstractBootstrapHotSwappingFilter.java:30) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.seraph.filter.BaseLoginFilter.doFilter(BaseLoginFilter.java:150) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:46) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter$1.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:66) at com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider.internal.servlet.OAuthFilter.doFilter(OAuthFilter.java:71) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:74) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:42) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:77) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:63) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.ClusterHeaderFilter.doFilter(ClusterHeaderFilter.java:34) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.johnson.filters.AbstractJohnsonFilter.doFilter(AbstractJohnsonFilter.java:72) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:170) at com.atlassian.spring.filter.FlushingSpringSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(FlushingSpringSessionInViewFilter.java:29) at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.ConfluenceErrorFilter.doFilter(ConfluenceErrorFilter.java:22) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.util.profiling.filters.ProfilingFilter.doFilter(ProfilingFilter.java:99) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.datetime.RequestTimeThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(RequestTimeThreadLocalFilter.java:35) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.gzipfilter.GzipFilter.doFilterInternal(GzipFilter.java:80) at com.atlassian.gzipfilter.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:51) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.core.filters.cache.AbstractCachingFilter.doFilter(AbstractCachingFilter.java:33) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:46) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter$1.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:66) at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.webdav.servlet.filter.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:43) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.DelegatingPluginFilter.doFilter(DelegatingPluginFilter.java:74) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:42) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:77) at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.doFilter(ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter.java:63) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.validateparam.RequestParamValidationFilter.doFilter(RequestParamValidationFilter.java:58) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.servlet.filter.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:71) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.LanguageExtractionFilter.doFilter(LanguageExtractionFilter.java:52) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.util.RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheThreadLocalFilter.java:25) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.core.filters.encoding.AbstractEncodingFilter.doFilter(AbstractEncodingFilter.java:41) at com.atlassian.core.filters.AbstractHttpFilter.doFilter(AbstractHttpFilter.java:31) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.atlassian.confluence.servlet.FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.doFilter(FourOhFourErrorLoggingFilter.java:65) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298) at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190) at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:774) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703) at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:896) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateSystemException: exception setting property value with CGLIB (set hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer=false for more info) setter of com.atlassian.confluence.mail.notification.Notification.setDigest; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: exception setting property value with CGLIB (set hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer=false for more info) setter of com.atlassian.confluence.mail.notification.Notification.setDigest at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:597) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateAccessor.convertHibernateAccessException(HibernateAccessor.java:353) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:375) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:337) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.hibernate.HibernateAnyTypeDao.findAllPersistentObjectsHandles(HibernateAnyTypeDao.java:119) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.BackupExporter.getHandlesOfObjectsForExport(BackupExporter.java:20) at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.impl.AbstractXmlExporter.backupEntities(AbstractXmlExporter.java:177) ... 211 more Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: exception setting property value with CGLIB (set hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer=false for more info) setter of com.atlassian.confluence.mail.notification.Notification.setDigest at net.sf.hibernate.persister.AbstractEntityPersister.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityPersister.java:220) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.initializeEntity(SessionImpl.java:2222) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.initializeEntitiesAndCollections(Loader.java:319) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:309) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:138) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:1063) at net.sf.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:1054) at net.sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator.list(QueryTranslator.java:854) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1552) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1529) at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.find(SessionImpl.java:1521) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor542.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate$CloseSuppressingInvocationHandler.invoke(HibernateTemplate.java:1123) at $Proxy91.find(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.hibernate.HibernateAnyTypeDao$AllPersistentObjectsHandlesLoader.doInHibernate(HibernateAnyTypeDao.java:333) at com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.hibernate.HibernateAnyTypeDao$5.doInHibernate(HibernateAnyTypeDao.java:123) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:370) ... 215 more Caused by: net.sf.cglib.beans.BulkBeanException at com.atlassian.confluence.mail.notification.Notification$$BulkBeanByCGLIB$$e7a92740.setPropertyValues() at net.sf.hibernate.persister.AbstractEntityPersister.setPropertyValues(AbstractEntityPersister.java:215) ... 233 more Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException ... 235 more
Noam Lugasi December 25, 2017

I was upgrading from 7.3.4 to 7.6.2 and also was getting the Error

"Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running"

we had a modified web.xml file that was restored after the upgrade.

reverting back to the original web.xml file that came with the 7.6.2 version resolved the issue JIRA not starting up as it should.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events