It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Server Migration Issues - Missing Images / Attachments and Edit Page Timeouts on old pages Edited

I'm in the process of migrating our Confluence 5.10.8 installation to a new Confluence 6.13.11 instance on Ubuntu 18.04. In the process, I'm also utilizing a new Postgresql 9.6 instance. The old Confluence 5.10.8 site used a Postgresql 9.4 instance.

I exported the old site to xml, and copied the entire attachments folder to the new server in the Confluence Home directory.

However, I'm now encountering 2 severe issues in some entire Spaces and selected pages. As far as I can tell these issues are  mostly happening in just pages that haven't been updated in at least 3 1/2 years:

• When I go edit an existing page, I just get a timeout message "This page is taking longer to load than usual. Give it a few moments, ...."
  • All the attached images / files, etc. just show as missing. If I click on the missing image icon, I get an error message such as "Ouch! We can't load the image.  /download/attachments/23681425/image204-10-13%2015%3A52%3A18.png?version=1&modificationDate=1413243735721&api=v2". This issue also seems to be happening in some recently created pages as well.

I tried re-migrating just one of the Spaces over, individually, via an XML backup, and that seems to have resolved the issues in that one space.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

2,117 views 4 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you