Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Migration Issues - Missing Images / Attachments and Edit Page Timeouts on old pages

Alan Farkas April 13, 2020

I'm in the process of migrating our Confluence 5.10.8 installation to a new Confluence 6.13.11 instance on Ubuntu 18.04. In the process, I'm also utilizing a new Postgresql 9.6 instance. The old Confluence 5.10.8 site used a Postgresql 9.4 instance.

I exported the old site to xml, and copied the entire attachments folder to the new server in the Confluence Home directory.

However, I'm now encountering 2 severe issues in some entire Spaces and selected pages. As far as I can tell these issues are  mostly happening in just pages that haven't been updated in at least 3 1/2 years:

• When I go edit an existing page, I just get a timeout message "This page is taking longer to load than usual. Give it a few moments, ...."
  • All the attached images / files, etc. just show as missing. If I click on the missing image icon, I get an error message such as "Ouch! We can't load the image.  /download/attachments/23681425/image204-10-13%2015%3A52%3A18.png?version=1&modificationDate=1413243735721&api=v2". This issue also seems to be happening in some recently created pages as well.

I tried re-migrating just one of the Spaces over, individually, via an XML backup, and that seems to have resolved the issues in that one space.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events