Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server ID has $action.sid

dmarrow August 23, 2017

I have $action.sid in my Server ID field.  I read the docs and know that it is usually because it is configured wrong in the database.  I looked in the database and the key there matches the key in the .cnf file however it does not have <string>ServerID</string>  just the ServerID (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).   I tried updating the value to the proper format but when I restart the server it crashes.  which I try to log in?

2 answers

0 votes
dmarrow August 25, 2017

Ann,

Yes this is the article that I found and followed. I get a stack trace when I try and log in.   I will see if I can get that for you and send it.  I am not at that site today but will probably be able to send it on Monday. 

Dave

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2017

Sorry, can you explain why you are doing this?

dmarrow August 24, 2017

Because in confluence when I try to view the Server ID in the web page it has the value @action.sid value field.  In some parts of confluence when I try to configure other things it crashes and I thought the two may be related.     Why won't it let me correct the value in the database?  The last sentence should read: "After I update the database with the proper value, restart confluence and then try and log in confluence crashes.  

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2017

Based on your report of correcting the value in the database, it sounds like you saw: Server ID Shows as $action.serverId, $action.sid or n.v. Please let me know if you are using the SQL from that article.

Please let me know what the other things you configured that crashed Confluence so I can help determine if they are related to the server ID issue.

When you try to login and Confluence crashes, is there any clue in the atlassian-confluence.log? It's located in the directory: <confluence_home>/logs
Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events