Sensitive Credential Removal on pages

Roja Gurram January 21, 2021

Hi All,

Can someone please let us know the below 3 mentioned questions.

1. Backup: What I’m hoping is for a central backup to be taken of all pages and history then I will request a number of pages to be deleted but could be recovered from the backup if required. Can you support with that process?
  2. Page permission: can we control page permissions centrally i.e. by default set the page to not openly acceesible unless and force the page owner to set the permissions? What options are available for setting permissions?

3. When a user publishes / edits a page is it possible to prompt them if the page contains certain words e.g. password to confirm sensitive credentials are not stored within the page.

Looking forward to hear soon!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021
  1. You can download a full backup of your site once every 48 hours from the backup menu, and you can export a space as a backup from the space tools.
  2. Page permissions are done on two levels - you can set permissions at the space level and then use restrictions to limit access on a page by page basis
  3. I do not understand the question.  What is a "user prompt based on password" and what does "atlassian come back with capability" mean?
Roja Gurram January 22, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry it was bad typo. Now i have edited my 3rd question and kept in bold.

Can you please answer that query.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Confluence has no "post edit" dialogue functions, so no, there's no way to do that.

Roja Gurram January 22, 2021

Thanks for your help NIC.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events