Self service space creation

Lane Duncan June 17, 2013

Hi, I've searched around for awhile, now, and I haven't found any definitive answers that don't involve the Confluence CLI: is there a (more or less) out-of-the-box way to provide self-service Confluence space creation?

That is: is there a Confluence API I can use through URL parameters (or similar) that would allow me to create a web page for users to create a wiki space without manual admin action?

Thanks! -Lane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2013

Hi,

Simple URL calls won't work in this case, as form parameters for space creation require security token to be present in either the POST or the GET method, thus it would have to be modified each time. As of using an API, the following answers thread may come handy: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/156240/solved-how-to-create-new-confluence-space-via-java-api

Kind regards,

Peter

Lane Duncan June 24, 2013

Thanks, Peter, I think that'll get us in the direction we need.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

It is pretty easy to set up a self service page using techniques like: How to create or update pages with a run dialog . This does use the CLI under the covers :).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events