Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking version update service for Confluence spaces

David Stephensen April 12, 2018

I no longer have server access. I need to update my 3 exported Confluence spaces to v6 (or anywhere from v5.10 up) so I can transfer them to Cloud. How can I find someone who can do this for me (for a fee, of course)?  They are currently in v5.9.7 XML export files.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Hi David,

To be honest, it only requires the following:

• Install Evaluation instance of Confluence 5.9.7.
  • Import spaces.
  • Upgrade instance to 6.*.
  • Export spaces to XML.
  • Import to Cloud.

If you prefer to hire someone, have a look at our Atlassian Partners that could help you with that task.

Regards,

Shannon

David Stephensen April 13, 2018

Hi Shannon.. Thanks!  I read up on the instructions and it seems easy. Last time I installed a trial version on my computer was a LONG time ago (maybe 10 years) and it ended up being a pain in the neck.  I'll give it a go.  It makes me think that maybe I could also license the server version instance long term on my computer and keep the updated server version of my work on life support.  Do you think that is possible?

Cheers

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

David,

Great! Let us know if you get stuck along the way.

For your proposition, do you mean keeping a live copy of your Cloud data on the server instance? You could definitely keep a copy of Confluence on your computer but you would have to export from Cloud and import regularly if you want them to match.

Regards,

Shannon

David Stephensen April 15, 2018

Hi Shannon

Thanks for your offer of support. I really appreciate your help!

My product was originally in Server and I had invented some some things not available in Cloud. I converted the main part of my product to Cloud while you could still import 5.9.7  and had to let go of some of those things.

Since then more features have become available in Cloud, and I'm not sure if the old Server version is worth preserving for potential larger corporate clients. I'll take a good look when I see it again and make a decision.  If there is no real value in preserving it then I'll only need the trial version for the transfer.

Cheers

David

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2018

Alright, David! Thank you for letting me know that. Cloud has changed a lot since then so please do feel free to take the time to review it and let us know if you have any concerns!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events