Seeking a way to record opinions from multiple people on a single Confluence page

Peter McCracken December 3, 2021

Ideally, I'd like to create a Confluence page that has a table which shows other Confluence pages, and then offers options for specific individuals to recommend that the pages be Archived, Deleted, or Retained. 

I imagine a table with a static list of links to Confluence pages (though it'd be incredible if the list was generated dynamically; the list is based on labels, so maybe that's also doable) - then a series of, say, five columns - one for each specific individual who will provide an opinion. 

In each column, there is some way that the assigned person can record their recommendation of Archive, Delete, or Retain, for the page in question. Radio buttons would be best, but it looks like there's no option for them (and even if you create them with HTML, their status won't be preserved from session to session). Checkboxes are another option but you cannot have multiple checkboxes in a table cell, and they make other changes to the page, apparently, plus other problems. Maybe a text box where someone just types "Archive" or "Delete" or "Retain"? But that also won't retain content from session to session. 

Does anyone have suggestions for what I might do to make this work?

3 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2021

Hi @Peter McCracken ,

As it was mentioned before, you can use the Page Properties/Page Properties Report macros to cоllect tabular data from other pages and show the page titles of these source pages.

If you need to collect multi-row tables, then you may use our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros. You'll be able to collect data from:

• Page and child pages
  • Page and all descendants
  • Pages with specific labels

Furthermore, you'll be able to filter your result table, for example, by statuses with the help of the Table Filter macro.

To set the statuses, we can suggest trying our another app - Handy Macros for Confluence. Its Handy Status macro allows you to set a predefined list of statuses to choose from (like a dropdown menu). You'll be able to change the statuses on the fly (in the page view mode) from the result table - it's very convenient for such cases.

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hi there,

As this thread mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence add-on, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

1 vote
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

@Peter McCracken If I would approach it, I would try to use the page properties macro in the individual pages, and use the page properties report macro inside the overview page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events