Seeing personal spaces

Hello,

I'm a Confluence admin (as opposed to a space admin), we're running 5.4.1 Server.

Can someone tell me if I should be able to see the personal spaces of any other user because I am an admin? I'm sure that I never used to be able to, but as of today I can. 

I've checked the Confluence user docs and cannot find anything explicit about this.

Cheers.

5 answers

Hi Mark,

Permissions for Admins can be granted and excluded on the space level.  You can also grant global permissions by going to Global permissions in the configuration section, which will decide how future spaces are set up by default.

James, thanks. I've checked these spaces and they do not give me or any group I'm in permission to view the space. So it seems odd that I can see them.

Cheers

Hi Mick (Sorry for calling you Mark earlier).  Are you seeing the following admin rights?

image2016-1-11 13:20:49.png

No worries, I'm happy that you're trying to help! :)

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 11, 2016

I'll note that users in the specific group 'confluence-administrators' receive extra super-user permissions not normally granted in-app.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html

All, thanks for your responses. I've spoken to someone internally about why this has happened and will update this question once we've done more research ourselves. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,145 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you