See images in use on a page

I'm trying to do housekeeping on our documentation pages which means deleting image attachments no longer in use. We have a lot of images being added through trial and error, ie. you paste an image, find out it lacks something, and then overwrite it with a better one, leaving the old, unused one as unwanted attachments on the page.

My question is then:
Is there a way to see which images are in use on a Confluence page? I need to weed out the ones that aren't actually in use by the page anymore and delete them. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hello Maya,

While this isn't currently built into Confluence, I can see how useful this would be! We do have an ongoing feature request for this that you can vote on:

- CONFSERVER-16577

Thankfully, there's a 3rd party add-on called Confluentis Unused Attachments that will help you with this in Confluence Server. Have a look at that and go ahead and give the free trial a chance if you'd like to test it out.

Do let us know if you have any questions about any of this.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Awesome, thank you Shannon, much appreciated! I've voted for the feature request and will give the add-on a try when I'm back at work. Thank you again,

-Maya

Thank you, Maya!

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

251 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you