Security Confluence

Jennifer Jungesblut January 8, 2014

Hey,

I have a question about the security of Confluence. Where could I lock a user who didnt write the right password at the 5th attempt. If not is there a plugin with this functionality?

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

As far as I know, the security config options in Confluence are not terribly robust. If you want something more robust, you can use Crowd or integrate some other security manager to give you more options.

As you probably already know, Confluence lets you toggle the Captcha setting in the Admin, but not really do much else to restrict login attempts.

You can also reset the number of retries using the Admin. This page tells you how to reset the number of retries:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Resetting+the+Login+Count+for+a+User

Again, you probably saw that page, but I include it here in case other users are curious where some of the basic settings are and what some of the basic functionality is.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events