Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing Anonymous Access

Martijn M December 17, 2020

Hi there, 

I've got a question about securing anonymous connections. Before I do, allow me to briefly explain our situation. We are a small writer department that are running a 10-seat Confluence Cloud instance with a Standard plan. We are currently using Confluence as a way to keep department info in one place. However, my bigger goal is to expand Confluence to be a company-wide information resource.

The easiest and most cost-effective way of doing that is just opening up the content to other department using Anonymous Access. However, the obvious problem with AA is that the content is visible by Anyone who was the link. While we can kindly ask not to share the link, are there any alternative methods or workarounds to somehow keep anonymous access restricted to people in our company? For example, by routing the link behind an SSO portal or something of the sorts? Ideally, i'm looking for ways to do this without needing to upgrade or plan or rely on plugins and extensions.

Is something like this possible? How are you dealing with access-related security?

Any input is much appreciated, thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Have you considered Confluence Cloud Premium? It has an IP-Allowlist function that you could use to block unknown IP addresses. 

Edit - just realised you said you didn't want to upgrade. I'll leave my answer in case anyone else has the same question. 

Martijn M December 17, 2020

Yes, we've looked at Premium as solution. But yeah, ideally, if there's a way that doesn't require doubling our subscription, we would prefer that instead.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events