Section macro stopped working

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

While working in Confluence 5.1.5 this morning, our section macro stopped working.

Any pages that use the section macro are not displaying the content correctly. For example, we have two columns inside a section macro and the two columns now display on top of one another and not as columns for that section.

What could have happened and how do we resolve?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Is it possible that your Layout Macros system add-on is disabled?

Go to Manage Add-ons, select System from the filter dropdown, and make sure that all modules under the Layout Macros addon are enabled.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2014

Do you know what Confluence version you have associated with the screenshot? In our list of system add-ons, I don't have anything titled Layout Macros which explains why I was having such a hard time finding what was driving the section macro.

Our support team figured out it was the layout macro, but had to revert to an older version of the layout macro. Once we did, everything started working.

The reason I say it was odd is because it just happened out of the blue - the only thing we ever did was 2 weeks ago we updated several plugins...but we didn't upgrade confluence. And an replicate instance of our setup is working fine.

So, am confused as to 1) Why I'm not seeing this in the UI and 2) why one instance works with one version of the macro and another doesn't.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events