Section and Column Macros shown in DE Bereich und Spalte

Axel Meikies September 13, 2019

After Upgrading Confluence from V6.8 to 6.15.6 the Section and Column Macros are shown in EN not in DE. Most other Macros works in German.

Where can I Change the Settings from These two Macros?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Axel,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Could you show me an example of the section and column macros that are displaying in English? I assume you mean the variables themselves when editing the macro? Is both your Confluence and browser language set to German?

Regards,

Shannon

Axel Meikies September 16, 2019

Hello Shannon,

I hope the snapshots are ok. You see that the Macro Calls are english.

In the Macro Body the Language is denglish (deutsch-englisch).

Regards

Axel

The Snapshots are in the 2nd reply.

Axel Meikies September 16, 2019

Here are the Snapshots.

hc_236.pnghc_235.pnghc_234.pnghc_233.pnghc_239.pnghc_238.pnghc_237.pnghc_242.pnghc_241.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2019

Hello Axel,

Thank you for showing me this. I've changed my browser language to German as well as my profile language in my Confluence instance, and I noticed a lot more macros aren't using German, such as:

• Cheese
  • Column
  • Contributors
  • Contributors Summary
  • Multimedia
  • Page Tree Search
  • RSS Feed
  • Section
  • User List
  • User Profile
  • Zuletzt aktualisierte Übersicht (the title is translated but not the description):

Displays recent updates with filtering options. Used on the dashboard.

There are two bug tickets that mention similar behavior:

• CONFSERVER-54369 Macro Browser does not respect the User Language preference
  • CONFSERVER-39420 Macros list does not match with profile language settings in Firefox and IE

The last is specific to Firefox and IE but I was also able to replicate this in Chrome. I tried the workarounds in the first bug, but I was not able to get them to translate, so I think they might just be missing their translations.

There's not a way for you to submit a new translation at this time since we are currently working on improving the way that translations work within our products. I've updated the bug above to include the missing translations, and I look forward to this being corrected in upcoming releases.

Thank you again and take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events