Searching for foregin(Norwegian) characters i confluence wiki (Local server)

Atle Øverbø September 11, 2017

This is not working with "full search", only with the instantsearch plugin.

Eksample: I search for the word Installatør, and the relevant pages won't show as results.

These are the characters:

sok.PNG

sok.PNG

Our version is:

Local server -> Confluence 5.9.5

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Please try the following to resolve the issue of the search not working with international characters:

Atle Øverbø September 11, 2017

Hi, thanks for helping me out.

Norwegian is not a language that is available in the drop down menu. Since it isn't, configuring Tomcat won't solve it eather? 

Are norwegian available as a language in newer versions of Confluence?

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Setting the encoding on the proxy and at the Tomcat level should help Confluence recognize international characters of any type, including Norwegian.

I saw that Norsk was a language you could use to view Confluence pages and assumed it was also available as an indexing language, which it is not (as you observed) even in the latest version. I apologize for steering you wrong on that.

I understand the searches work when you use Instant Search. Are you asking about the native Confluence search capability because you don't want to use the plugin any more?

Atle Øverbø September 12, 2017

Thanks for response.

We have users that use both native search and instantsearch, and we wan't both to work properly.

I'll look into the Tomcat/Proxy. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events