Searching für URL in Confluence Page

Deleted user November 18, 2013

Hi,

does anybody know if Confluence includes links pointing to external sites into the global search? We have the problem that we try to find all pages with links to certain pages on them and search for www.site.com and www?site?com return 0 hits.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

6 answers

2 votes
Deleted user August 14, 2014

I tested again more deeply, and found the following (without real documentation by Atlassian, only some issues that lead to that):

• Search does not find anything that is contained (only) in XHTML (the storage format). I only found parts of URLs if these were (additionally) contained in the print format of the wiki page.
  • Especially short-cut links are here dangerous, because they lead (automatically) to shortened paths.
  • URLs will be found by the same rules as other words. So e.g. '-' is a divider, searching for "070-Project" (a common pattern for paths of some people) will find any page that has "070" OR "project" in it (which are many).

A pretty interesting topic. Here are some references:

0 votes
Tom Birch Hansen August 11, 2015

Found this JIRA issue. Seems like it will be fixed in 5.9

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38194

0 votes
Tom Birch Hansen August 11, 2015

We are facing the same problem. Anyone know of a solution?

0 votes
Patrick_Vanhoof
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

We have the same issue. Is this known by Atlassian?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

I think it depends on how you add the link. If it's the full link in the text, then it should work fine. If you make some text the value of the anchor, then the "site.com" won't show up in search results.

Deleted user November 24, 2013

Hi Matthew,

thanks for your response. We habe nearly all links as full text but I'm not able to find any of them via the search. I've already done a full reindex and deleted the cache.

Could it be that this error is related to the space import?

Thanks.

Regards,

Adrian

Deleted user May 20, 2014

I have the same problem here. We are migrating content from HTML to Confluence wiki pages by using copy / paste. After having pasted, you have to remember to replace all links directed to the old links (with real URLs) by new links pointing to (perhaps non-existing) wiki pages. If you forget to replace one of them, how do you find that wrong link then? There should be a way to do that.

MichałS
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2014

Hi

That's true! In confluence version 4.3.7 the search string like "http\://some.page/" worked fine and returnet a whole bunch of pages.

But at least in the new version 5.5.4 (I've tested only this) it is not working at all! No page is found!

Is this a feature or simply a bug? In my opinion some functionality has dissapeard without a notice and reason!

Best regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events