Searching capability for a defined area

Hi, in the Browse section of Confluence on the Dashboard you can search the People Directory. Given people populate and update their profile (does this feed in to Profile) and one of the fileds in Profile is Department, it would be great if this field was also searchable, especially for larger organisations who are looking for a staff member that works in a specific department. I have had a number of requests for this. Given the fields are there in Profile for people to update is it something that maybe can be done?

Thanks....Leanne

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Leanne

Maybe you want to check out Enterprise Directory and Org Chart -I think it meets what you are looking for, and a little more.

http://www.appfusions.com/display/EDIRC/Home

Get eval license from info@appfusions.com

Cheers,

Ellen

Thanks Ellen, this looks like exactly what we need, I have passed on to our IT dept.

Thanks,

Leanne

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

403 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you