Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search results does not return Card Labels or Expand Titles?

Derek Gieselman October 31, 2012

Hello,

While testing our search results, we noticed that text in an Expand Title, as well as the Card Label are not returned in the search.

Since these are normally used as headings for specific categories, we were hoping someone has found a way to include these in the search results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Derek

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hello Derek,

Just to confirm with you, did you try to rebuild the content indices of your instance to see if make some difference in the search? You can try to rebuild by the following procedure:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Content+Index+Administration#ContentIndexAdministration-RebuildingtheContentIndexes

If you already tried this approach, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at our Support.atlassian.com, so we can take a look better in this behaviour.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Derek Gieselman October 31, 2012

Hello L.J.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will look into rebuilding the search index. Does this mean that normally, the search results should return information in a Card Label as well as an Expand Title?

Just curious if this is an error with our setup, or something that the search macro just doesn't do.

Thanks again for your advice,

Derek

0 votes
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

I have noticed the same issue with the Expand macro in Confluence 5.8.9. 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39605

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events