Did you mean: 

Search in edit mode just finds the first entry

Sebastian Rottmann August 22, 2019

Hi,

is this a bug or a feature? For example I have a list like

* foo

* bar

* foo

Now I am searching for "foo" while in the edit mode of a confluence page. It finds the correct first entry of "foo". But I want to jump to the next "foo" and press 'search' again. But it stays on the first find.

I can imagine that it's the feature because the 'find' is a 'find an replace' which wants to iterate through my findings. But for me it is a bug. I don't want to replace content. Just find all my "foos". But I stick on my first finding.

The workaround is to save my edited page. Use my browsers find (CTRL+F) look for all my "foos". Remember where I found them. Go back to edit mode and do what I intended to do initially. Not really usable :/

Greets

Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne B August 22, 2019

Hi Sebastian,

I'm still new to this topic, but that's why I test many functions.
In the confluence editor with the function "find and replace" you can run through all search matches without replacing them. We use Confluence Server version 6.12.

The function ist also documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/the-editor-251006017.html

Greets
Susanne

Sebastian Rottmann August 22, 2019

That's what I tried. But it sticks at the first finding. Try to find strings that you use more than once on your page. Does that work? I am using  6.15.6 server edition.

It kinda sucks that CTRL+F is intercepted through confluence. I found out that you have to open the browser search first and than go to the edit mode to keep the built in browser search.

Susanne B August 22, 2019

Yes I do. I enter only the search string and click on "search" to go through the page. It works and mark the matches one by one. But you found a good work around.

I'm sorry that I can't help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events