Search in Atlassian Questions

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

Hello,

Can anyone @Atlassian give me any info about the search functionality in Atlassian Questions please?

We're going to trial the beta but the first question was "How good is the search?". We couldn't answer that in much detail. However the following page has some info, is there any more detailed?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-questions

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

Questions and Answers will be indexed along with every other Confluence content and will be shown in search results everywhere. For example, dashboard, activity streams, search pages, quick search etc.

I would say, searching is pretty good from what I see although I admit that I haven't tried it in a production setup.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2013

Jobin,

Thanks for your info and speedy response. :) Is it possible to search the Questions area only? I.e. not include/exclude content from all the other spaces we have.

Cheers.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

You can limit the type only to Questions when you search, if that is what you meant!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events