Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search by space name rather than within a space

IT Resourcing July 7, 2019

We just recently upgraded to the latest version of Confluence and the search feature has significantly changed. We used to be able to type in part of the name of a space and that space name would come up as the first result. Now it does not come up at all. Is there a way to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2019

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Do you happen to remember which version of Confluence this last worked in? We have a few feature requests about partial word search, and I believe this might be the issue you're running into because I can confirm the behavior is the same for text and space names.

• CONFSERVER-10412 Support substring (partial) searches for terms used in Confluence: page title, attachment names, etc.
  • CONFSERVER-32834 Confluence Search Result Should Include Partial Word Match
  • CONFSERVER-54885 Filter box in the Space Directory does not return results beyond the first word unless whole words are matched

Please vote on any that you'd like to see implemented in Confluence, and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

If this is not the behavior you're referring to, can you let me know the version of Confluence where it last worked and how to replicate it? That way I can narrow down exactly when the behavior changed.

Regards,

Shannon

IT Resourcing August 27, 2019

Sorry, but I was expecting other replies to this. Sadly none came. I can't remember what version we were using.

basically what I want to be able to do is if I have a space called "Microsoft Corporation" and I type "Microsoft" in the search, then that 'Space' should appear in the results. Currently it doesn't and only displays pages it found within that space (and others) that has the word Microsoft on the page.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hello,

Thank you so much for clarifying what you need to do. 

We do have a feature request for this as well:

• CONFSERVER-58298 Search result order should consider Spaces with highest priority

In this request, it mentions that Spaces should have top priority in search and thus should appear first.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

IT Resourcing September 2, 2019

I don't understand why this is a feature request when this ability used to be by design.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 4, 2019

Hello @IT Resourcing,

Can you let me know which version you last remember that occurring? I've tested it and had a look at the documentation for Confluence 5.0, released back in 2013. 

I can confirm in 2013, the quick search was showing the pages first: 

If you can let me know which version this last worked for you, I can include that information on the feature request.

To be able to filter your spaces by partial match, you can go to the Space Directory, you'll be able to search there with partial matches and it will show you any spaces that meet that match.

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.35.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.35.07.png

I hope that helps you in the meantime!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events