It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search broken after upgrade to 7.0

Hello,

after upgrading to 7.0 the search won´t find pages that have been created after the upgrade. Pages created prior to the upgrade are okay.

I´ve already done this:

1. Stop Confluence.
2. Delete the following folders from the home directory if they exist:
* <confluence-home>/index/
* <confluence-home>/journal/
3. Start Confluence.
4. Go to *General Configuration* page.
5. Search for the *Content Indexing* option in the left side bar.
5. Click on *Rebuild*.

But it didn´t resolve my issue.

Best regards

Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Sebastian,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Thank you for letting me know that you already attempted to index Confluence. 

Could you check your Content Indexing page and let me know if you can see anything in Queue Contents

You'll also want to check Scheduled Jobs and see if you have Flush Edge Index Queue enabled. 

Lastly, are your articles written in English, or are you using another language? Does the Confluence Indexing Language match?

Let me know how that goes!

Regards,

Shannon

Hello Shannon,

Could you check your Content Indexing page and let me know if you can see anything in Queue Contents

Yes, there were items in the queue. I´ve cleared the queue and it is now empty. It also says "queue currently inactive". The problem still exists.

You'll also want to check Scheduled Jobs and see if you have Flush Edge Index Queue enabled. 

Is enabled.

Lastly, are your articles written in English, or are you using another language? Does the Confluence Indexing Language match?

The articles are mainly written in german. I adjusted the indexing language, but the problem still exists.

Best regards

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Thank you for confirming that.

If the page is still not appearing in the search results, and you can access the page directly yourself, then you want to check your Confluence Server Logs for the reason why your index is failing.

Therefore, I would stop Confluence completely, and begin the process again to trigger a manual reindex. I'm including the process again for reference: Rebuilding the Content Indexes from Scratch.

You'll want to make sure to tail your Confluence logs during the reindex, and you will be able to track down the error that is causing the issue.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you