Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search box in the Content Formatting Macro

NM April 6, 2017

This is regarding https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/Search+Box.

I tried to add this to my left-navigation panel in Confluence version 6.

Went to Space tools -> Look and Feel -> Sidebar, Header & Footer and added the code {search-box}.

It does not render properly.  I get the following error:Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.52.43 PM.png

Isn't the macro supported in the left-nav? If it is supported, is the code block incorrect?

3 answers

1 vote
Rafael Franco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

Hi all,

With the latest release of Content Formatting we've decided to remove the support for wiki markup since otherwise it would be hard to maintain both the new format and the wiki markup one.

The good news is that there is a workaround for it:

1 - Create a regular page in Confluence, let's call it "SearchBox"

2 - Edit that page and add a Search Box Macro

3 - Edit the sidebar and use {include:SPACE_KEY:SearchBox}

Let me know if it worked.

Regards,

Rafael

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2017

It worked for me! Thanks very much. I look forward to hearing whether it works for Nirdesha.

NM May 11, 2017

Thank you! It works but we do not want to keep a separate page just with a search box. It has to be public nd therefore, is not a flawless solution, unfortunately.

We are now using the default search option and it works fine.

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Is there a reason you want to use Adaptavists search box? If not you could use one of the built-in search macros for Confluence. You could try ...

{pagetreesearch:rootPage=Space Root Page Name}

or 

{livesearch}
NM May 11, 2017

Yes, we started using the default one, which is good. Thanks!

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2017

I could not get it to work in the sidebar, either, though I tried lots of variations. I finally opened a ticket with Adaptavist, I will let you know what they say.

NM May 5, 2017

Thank you!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2017

I got a reply but not a satisfactory one as yet. Will keep you posted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events