Search and Update

Kevin Saffarian November 25, 2019

Hi all

I am pretty sure many of you, similar to me, use confluence to document your IT assets and procedures.

All those pages has references to asset names or addresses and if the asset is decommissioned, you probably need to update all the references, like by adding "(decommissioned)" in front of the asset name or address.

Although, this is possible to search for the occurrences of specific text and update references manually, one by one, this task can be painstaking.

I was wondering is there any way to search for occurrences of specific word, like "SRVSQL01" and do all or any of the following tasks automatically:

• format the text (ex, add a red background color)
  • add a comment on the word
  • add a link to the text (like referring to decommission process)
  • strike-through the text

Or if you have any other experience in such occasions, please share.

Thanks in advance

Kev

1 answer

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2019

The Marketplace app Search and Replace might meet your needs. 

The K15t team wrote a blog about it in 2015 that you can read here. This article clearly outlines the limitations which is useful to know before trying a new app.

Kevin Saffarian December 1, 2019

Hi Kat

Thanks. I found K15t blog informative but still does not seem to fulfill my requirement.

I am still looking for any nice app or macro that can do this is a controllable way and with low risk.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events