Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search all pages with Metadata plugin used in it.

Alex Reed June 28, 2017

Hello 

I was wondering if i can could get help with the information on the plugin - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.andya.confluence.plugins.metadata/server/overview

I need to find all pages where any macros of this plugin are present. As I see there is quite a number of those and there is a big change of missing them. I found that some info might be stored in os_propertyentry table. Like "metadata.XXX".  But I’m not sure If I can select all macros using this syntax. As using the instruction I saw only description for finding metadata-list macro (see here - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/confluence-4-x-understanding-where-quot-metadata-quot-is-stored/qaq-p/496305).  

Can anyone tell me the way (SQL in ideal way) I would be more than happy.  Or I’d like to see some documentation on the plugin database structure if possible. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

You can just run "macroName: <macro>" in the search to get a list of pages it's used on.

With SQL, you're into searching the bodycontent table text for snippets of text referring to the macro, then joining with other tables to try to establish more information about the pages.

Alex Reed June 28, 2017

Indeed. Searching for each macro in Confluence earch tool was quite effective and too simple =) 

I as still wondering if there is a way to search all macros from a particulat plugin without referring to each of the macro separately. Like as I don't know how many macros a particular plugin supports.

Anyway it is more of a food for thought. Thanks! 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2017

Hi there Alex,

If you want to use SQL to find the macros you still have to know the macro names. The SQL is in this kb: How to find all pages and spaces that use a specific macro via SQL

The macros are listed on this page: Metadata macros.

Hope that helps,

Ann

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2017

If you are using Confluence 5.10+ there is a Macro Usage page in Confluence Admin that shows you all the macros used in your system and groups them by add-on.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2017

Well said! Thank you for mentioning that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events