cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling or highlighted banner announcements

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2012

Does anyone know of a good solution that we could use to make announcements that would appear on any page - for example, our support team wants to post critical issues that others on the team to be aware of and they would be seen regardless of the page they were on - preferably whether in Confluence or Jira.

An include limits to only Confluence users and the include would have to be on all the pages.

The announcement banner requires a system administrator and I don't want to provide those credentials to everyone.

Any ideas - whether they are plugins or not, are appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Not a complete solution, but from a support team perspective, while viewing an issue in the project this kind of information makes sense. So in that case, isn't sufficient that you stuff in some javascript in a custom field of type "Message Custom Field for View" which can show a floating footer in the bottom of the issue (or on top) ?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2012

After the description of issues stopped allowing HTML, I wonder if OnDemand will still allow these customfields in the near future though. It'd be good to know ahead of time. The description caused us quite a few headaches as we had to remove all our javascript there.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2012

I'm not sure I undesrtand and would appreciate clarification. How would I update this field? I don't think I can, as an OnDemand user, add any javascript into a custom field...but, I could certainly be wrong. Appreciate clarification.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

This solution won't work in ondemand either. For security reasons they have prevented more or less what you are trying to achieve.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

Hi Kalynn, to reiterate Jamie's point. You'd need a self install or 3rd party hosted instance to do these things. It's not available for OnDemand and won't be.

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2012

Hi,

See if this page has the information you need:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+an+Announcement+Banner

Thanks,

Gary

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2012

Hi Gary,

We use that for general announcements. However, this solution requires administrative access and is associated with the instance - not the project. And, as stated, I don't want to have to provide administrative access to anyone to post such announcements.

The specific need is to post information that appears in that project, for anyone working in that project, that could scroll. We have over 35 JIRA projects and only one relates to client support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events