Scrollable text block?

Randy Heath September 22, 2020

I would like to include a scrollable text frame on a Confluence page, similar to example attached, so I can display a very long amount of text within a contained area.  I cannot find a macro or anything similar. It’s not a “code block” per se; just a scrollable container of text.

How can I do this in Confluence?

scrollable block.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

Hello @Randy Heath !

Currently, I am unaware of any native feature in Confluence that allows for this. In the past, the Div macro would make it possible.

We could look for third-party solutions on our marketplace. You can use one of the solutions that allow for you to insert HTML content in your page. With this power, you should be able to create a DIV and then limit how much space it takes.

Here we have a list of HTML add-ons for Confluence Cloud:

Here is some documentation about the html element called div. The documents are from w3schools:

I hope this helps!

Randy Heath September 23, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

It's disappointing that Confluence no longer supports the Div macro for Confluence Cloud.  I will look for a solution in the Marketplace, but a quick scan reveals that many of them are not free. 

This is pretty basic functionality that ought to be stock, off-the-shelf in Confluence, particularly since it used to be supported.  The feature set should be growing, not seeing features and functionality removed, don't you think?

Appreciate your assistance, regardless.

Stay safe, be well.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events