Scroll Version alternative for Confluence cloud

Brooke Lodge August 25, 2022

Hi Community,

My team are currently migrating to Confluence Cloud from Server and have discovered that the app we are currently using Scroll Versions for Confluence Spaces is not available for Confluence Cloud.

Scroll versions to date has been an integral part of our product release process.

Has anyone found an appropriate alternative app or an alternative method to maintain verisioning control for Confluence Spaces?

Keen to hear if others have had the same issue and have found a good work around?

Thanks all!

3 answers

4 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Brooke Lodge ,

Welcome to the community !!

Scroll documents is an alternate for Scroll version in the cloud. 

More details about the migration is documented in https://help.k15t.com/scroll-versions/4.3/migrate-to-confluence-cloud-182785461.html 

If you have any queries, you can always contact vendor K15T through https://k15t.jira.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3

Igor B August 25, 2022

Thanks. But does not cover entire spaces versioning, like this: 

Space versions.png

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Igor B 

Better to reach the vendor directly and know what is available and what is planned. 

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
3 votes
Johanna Linaker _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2022

Hi @Brooke Lodge ,

I’m Johanna from K15t – we’re the Atlassian partners behind Scroll Versions and Scroll Documents. As already mentioned by @Rilwan Ahmed, the alternative for Scroll Versions we would recommend is Scroll Documents and we have a migration path for Scroll Versions and Scroll Translations documented in the following article: Migration Path

The migration process summarized is as follows:

1. You install Scroll Documents on your Server or DC system.
  2. Navigate to the versioned or translated space you want to migrate.
  3. Navigate to Space tools > Scroll Add-ons > Migrate to Scroll Documents.
  4. Resolve any potential blockers listed by the app.
  5. Click Start Migration and follow all the steps in the migration wizard.
  6. A copy of the space will be created, but now the newly created space will be managed by Scroll Documents.
  7. Next, you use Atlassian’s Migration Assistant and migrate the space to Cloud.

This process has to be repeated for each space in your system where you are using Scroll Versions or Scroll Translations.

Also, as @Igor B  pointed out, there are some differences in how Scroll Versions and Scroll Documents work with certain features – the versioning feature being one of them. However, we are committed to make the apps solve the same use cases. You can learn more about the similarities and differences between Scroll Versions and Scroll Documents in these articles:

If you or @Volker Weinreich, and other users have feedback regarding the current migration process we would be happy to hear how this can be improved or clarified. You can also reach our support directly via: help@k15t.com

Looking forward to hear more from you.

Cheers,
Johanna (K15t).

0 votes
Volker Weinreich August 26, 2022

Hi @Brooke Lodge ,

we are facing the same problem and I could not have answered you anything else like @Rilwan Ahmed .

I think the migration process is not straightforward and I would be interested to know if migration really works that easily.

Since I assume many others are also facing this path, I would also be interested to know what your experience is with it. (On top of that, we use Scroll Translations, which doesn't make things any easier.)

Maybe we could discuss this in a group here in the community.

Greetings,

Volker

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events