Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner macro to produce table from External mysql database

Moritz Wagner March 17, 2020

Hello,

I'm just new to scriptrunner and trying to produge a macro that can output a table with data gathered by various MySQL queries. However I didn't get the output logic of custom scriptrunner macros yet. So displaying simple text is just putting a plain text into the code console, but as soon as I add my Mysql qiery it outputs the result object. Further more when trying to print the result object nothing changes. What am I missing here?

So this outputs the result object: 

import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.db.DatabaseUtil
'Hello <b>world</b>!'
def authors = DatabaseUtil.withSql('Jira') {
sql -> sql.rows('select * from jiraissue WHERE ID < 10500')
}

and this results in outputting "null":

import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.db.DatabaseUtil

def authors = DatabaseUtil.withSql('Jira') {
sql -> sql.rows('select * from jiraissue WHERE ID < 10500')
}
print('Hello <b>world</b>!')

Would be very nice, if somebody could give me a hint here, on how to output my result to form a table on the confluence page.

Thanks very much,

Moritz

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moritz Wagner March 18, 2020

Okay I now understood, that the page output equals the macro script return value/output

So to produce a table one can simply use the following:

def xhtmlContent = ComponentLocator.getComponent(XhtmlContent)
def writer = new StringWriter()
def builder = new MarkupBuilder(writer)
def entity = context.getEntity()

def issues= DatabaseUtil.withSql('Jira') {
sql -> sql.rows('select * from jiraissue LIMIT 1000')
}
def output = "<table><tbody><tr><th>ID</th><th>Summary</th><th>Author</th></tr>"
def counter = 0

for(iss in issues){
output = output + "<tr><td>"+iss.ID+"</td><td>"+xhtmlContent.convertWikiToView(iss.Description,context,new ArrayList<>())+"</td><td>"+iss.creator+"</td></tr>"

counter=counter+1
}

xhtmlContent.convertStorageToView(output + "</tbody></table>Counted: "+counter, context)

Maybe this simple example helps other newbies getting a jumpstart.

Now I just have to learn how to invoke jiras wiki parser for the jira wiki content instead of confluence's but maybe I'll add that later.

Thanks and have a great day,

Moritz

0 votes
Jessie Wang_ScriptRunner_The Adaptavist Group
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 24, 2022

Hi there, ScriptRunner now has a video up that shows you how to do this.

It will talk you through how to establish a database connection then how to display the results of a SQL query on a Confluence page via a custom macro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UkGsOtkoTg

The script for the custom macro can be found here: https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/display-sql-results-from-an-external-database-macro

0 votes
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2020

Just from curiosity. Where do you display the information?

Thanks

Moritz Wagner March 19, 2020

I attached this code to a custom macro, so that I can display it on any Confluence page right at the position I add the custom Macro. 

Like Alexander Eck [Tempo] likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events