Scheduled Page Refresh

Leona June 3, 2022

Hi,

I have a confluence page with lots of macros and Table Excerpt Includes. Because the page is so heavy, some macros timed out. I thought if the Table Excerpts are loaded twice a day and remained static throughout the day, my page would load faster?

If my theory is valid, how would I then go about scheduling the Table Excerpt to only load and refresh everyday at 5am and 12pm?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

@Leona Are you using page excerpts or are you using the following app for table excerpts?  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27447/table-filter-and-charts-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&from=documentation

If you are using the app I was not able to find anything about scheduling information pulls in their documentation.  I would suggest submitting a support issue here: https://jsd.stiltsoft.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

If you are using page excerpts then it pulls the information every time the page is loaded.  I would suggest breaking your page up into subpages to prevent it from timing out.

Leona June 4, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder , thank you for the feedback. To clarify, I have two confluence pages, one I called "Raw Data" and is where all the Jira tables wrapped by Table Excerpts are located. The other confluence page I called "Programs" is where all the Table Excerpts Include wrapped by Table Transformers are located.

The thought is to set a schedule for the Raw Data page to refresh only twice a day, keeping the data static for most of the day. With Raw Data readily available, the Program page could pull from Raw Data without timing out.

Is there a way to schedule a page refresh for Raw Data page only once or twice a day? By the way, my company will update Confluence until the end of the year, for now, we do not have the Tool Box macro. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events