Scan Confluence 5.x for all the macros used in a space or entire instance

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hello,

Is there a way to scan a space or the entire instance for all the macros used? I know about the macroName search; but I don't want to search for one macro at a time.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2014

Hi there!

I believe confluence doesn't have this functionality embedded. Sometime ago, there was a plugin that could perform this called macro usage stats plugin, which is not compatible with the newer versions of confluence.

The only way today to search for a macro in confluence is to either search using macroname <name> or by searching directly in the database as stated in this answer.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2014

Hi back!

Thanks for the information. I took a look at the script. Does it create a report of all macros used? I don't want to search for "one macro", I want to see all the macros used without searching for them one at time which is time prohibitive.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2014

Hi!

The old plugin was the only way I know it could find all macros in confluence. Today, I only know this workaround which will find one macro in all pages at a time. It's a time consuming task though if you have multiple macros.

Cheers :)

Rodrigo

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2014

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear such a useful macro is no longer supported. I'll just have to make the time to do one macro at a time.

Cheers right back at ya and thanks again! :D

Rosemary

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2014

You are welcome Rosemary. :D

Feel free to close this question as answered if my answer had helped you at least pointing to the right place. :)

Cheers.

R Donato
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2014

Hi, even though this isn't exactly what I'm looking for, it's definitely the closest I'm going to get to finding macros. Thanks for your help! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events