Saving pages with emoticons results in NoClassDefFoundError

Eric Jungfer September 15, 2014

When saving a page which contains a emoticon inserted like this:

(?)

... i get a NoClassDefFoundError for com/atlassian/confluence/content/render/xhtml/storage/inline/StorageEmoticonMarshaller.

Inserting the emoticon using the insert more content menu works.

Couldn't find anything about a bug like this, so i assume it's a configuration issue. Maybe some plugin that needs to be actvated. I'm running on Confluence 5.5.2.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

Hi Eric,

I've just tested this on a confluence 5.6 and it worked. I believe there might be some issue with the plugin cache in this instance which might not be working correctly. Can you flush the plugin cache as stated here and let me know how it goes?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Clear+Confluence+Plugins+Cache

I recommend to install a confluence from scratch and check if the issue still happens so you can confirm if the problem is only happening in the current confluence.

Cheers,

Rod

0 votes
Eric Jungfer September 17, 2014

Hello again,

i had the opportunity to test the suggested fix earlier and it did the trick.

Thanks Rod!

Regards,

Eric

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2014

Glad to hear my suggestion helped Eric. Cheers! :)

0 votes
Eric Jungfer September 17, 2014

Thanks for your answer Rodrigo.

I have scheduled a maintainance window for tommorow morning and will try your suggestions. I'll post the results here afterwards.

Regards,

Eric

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events