Save wikitext documents in Stash and embed them in Confluence pages?

Brad Beyenhof July 5, 2012

I would really like to be able to maintain documents in Stash formatted with Confluence wiki markup, and then embed those documents in Confluence pages. Since we can't edit the markup directly in newer Confluence releases, this would be a great way to make such editing available. (I'd rather do my editing locally, anyway.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brad Beyenhof October 11, 2012

There doesn't seem to be an acceptable answer my question, but I'm not really concerned about this issue anymore.

Atlassian is bugging me to accept an answer or close the question, but I don't see any way to close it so I'll just accept this as an answer.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2012

Its not clear what your question is, but you can upload wiki markup to Confluence 4.x using Confluence Command Line Interface storePage action. Defaults to convert content from wiki markup. Oh, and you can still insert wiki markup in Confluence 4.x with the editor and use Confluence Wiki Plugin to keep it in wiki format if you like.

Brad Beyenhof July 6, 2012

What I really want is a way to write text files in wiki markup, store them in a git repository in Stash, and then have those documents dynamically linked to pages in Confluence (such that Confluence will always render the very latest version). In addition, rather than have a 1:1 text-file-to-Confluence-page mapping, I'd like there to be some sort of macro in Confluence that can embed such an externally-homed text file *within* a page, so I can possibly link content from more than one file in a single Confluence page.

I realize this is more of a feature request than a "how do I do this" sort of question, but when I was submitting the feature request on support.atlassian.com it suggested that I cross-post here as well.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2012

Understand now. We do something similar with scripts (Confluence Script Plugin) stored in Perforce with an automated processes to sync latest copy to Confluence home directory.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events