I tried to add a draw.io diagram to one of my wiki pages, after drawing my diagram, I hit "save", entered a name for my diagram, and then it brought me back to my diagram (no error or any indication of anything amiss). I then hit "exit". It warned me that my changes would be lost. I figured this was a spurious error, but after hitting "ok", my diagram was, indeed, entirely lost.
I have tried this in two web browsers Firefox (38.0.5) and Chrome (43.0.2357.134) on a Fedora 20 Linux workstation, and on Chrome on a Windows VM all with the same results. However, a co-worker was able to create a draw.io diagram on the same page with no issue.
I tried looking at the web console when I did a save, and saw this error message: "TypeError: b is null mxEditor.js:1:4293"
Had the same problem on my cloud space today. Save diagram, dialogue appears, entered a title for the diagram, hit save, no diagram showed up in the blank page, work was completely lost.
Atlassian Confluence Cloud, Mac OSX El Capitan, Chrome latest.
Hi Konrad, thanks for the report. Would you mind opening a new thread and linking to it please? The original report is on Confluence Server. Confluence Cloud shares no integration code with the server version, any issue with saving cannot be related. It helps us to have one issue per thread, thanks.
Hi @David Benson [draw.io],
We see this error as well. For the page where this error is occurring, there is no restrictions applied. Also, the space has permissions for add attachments for the user who is trying to save this diagram, but there is no delete attachments permissions provided to that user. This space is of documentation theme.
Another interesting point is that, the same user is able to save the diagram in another page. This space is of a different theme. But the space permissions are same as with the above page.
I should have mentioned how I got around this problem: I discovered that other users were unaffected, and other pages were also unaffected, so I concluded it was something funky about this one page. I made a copy of the page, and voila! it worked fine. Not sure what the actual problem was, I could probably methodically remove things from the page until it works again... but that's no substitute for the drawing pluging properly detecting and reporting errors.
Same thing happened to me, a year later now. Spent two hours creating drawing, saved drawing, saved confluence page, drawing vanished. Went back, created a "test diagram" – one box – saved, saved, drawing vanished. Using Cloud.
The App needs to be flagged with a warning for users.
It's all very saying this, but the issue is that no reporter of this issue has ever fully co-operated with us investigating it. Every time there's a report the user ends up saying "oh, it was something random" or just stops communicating. We've never recreated the problem and chased every single report to try and track it down.
So yes, we take some blame, but so does every other reporter who's flagged this and then not followed up to try and assist us. We simply have no idea what the reproduction steps are (we're willing to pay money rates for time spending working with us with this).
I just saw your other response about this issue and realized I missed your previous question. The page where I was adding the diagram was, I believe, added by me. But I did check the permissions at the time and I could see no difference between the original and the new one I added per my workaround. It seemed to me there was some unseen setting on that page which caused the error.
Unfortunately, that original page seems to have been deleted by an overzealous team member, so I cannot investigate this further. This problem has not occurred again on any other pages.
I wish I could help further. Though it would be nice if the error I noticed on my web console would get caught and a proper error message propagated to the user.
Thanks for coming back to me Trent. This really is the problem, it's a very rare bug, but very annoying when it happens and very tough to recreate .
We don't show users errors since it causes more confusion than help in most cases. We do log them when they happen, but sometimes, as is the case here, we need a little more context to understand why this might happen (i.e. checking for null isn't enough).
I'll take another look at that line from the release at the time, since it's the best lead we have to date.
I resolved this problem with a draw.io diagram hosted on Confluence Server.
I found the missing diagram saved as an attachment to my post. (If you click the three-dot menu (. . .) "Attachments" is near the top, right after "Approval History."
I was able to put the diagram back where I wanted it by clicking the icon to insert a photo. The dialogue box offered my diagram as a selection. I also had to select a button to make it full sized, but it went back into the page exactly as before.