Save Draft & Save in Edit Metadata

Victor FLUCHAIRE June 3, 2021

Hello, I would like to know the difference between those 2 buttons - Save Draft and Save when I want to edit a metadata.

Steps:

• I'm working with Confluence 7.4.4.
  • When I click on the button Edit Metadata at the top right of my page I have the following windows which appears to modify metadata with those 3 options at the bottom right:

TwoSaveButtons.PNG

I tried to find a solution with the documentation but I did not find anything.

I thank you in advance for the answers and leads you could give me to explain this special case.

Best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Victor FLUCHAIRE Save draft will save your changes so when you come back to the page they are there and you can make additional changes but those changes are not yet live.  The save button applies the changes to the page making them live.

Victor Fluchaire September 29, 2021

Thanks Brant for your answer, I figured it out after some testing.
I have some users who do not want to see this button, did you know if I can remove or at least hide it?

Best regards.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Victor Fluchaire Since you are on server you could use CSS to hide it.  You would need to identify the HTML element and then write some custom CSS and place that CSS in the custom HTML position in the general configuration.  It would then apply the change for all users.

Victor Fluchaire September 29, 2021

Will do that, even if it's a custom modification, it will works fine.

Thanks for the leads and help Brant.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events