• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • SSL connection issues connecting to external LDAP User Directory - connection initially fails but works once java ssl debug has been enabled

SSL connection issues connecting to external LDAP User Directory - connection initially fails but works once java ssl debug has been enabled

Nic Hart October 25, 2013

I've configured Confluence 5.2.5 for an External Microsoft AD User Directory, using SSL.

On completing the config screen and clicking 'quick test' I get the 'PKIX path building failed' exception, which is identical to the one seen when there is no certificate in the keystore matching the server connected to.

However, if I run confluence with the java ssl debug flag (' -Djavax.net.debug=ssl ') then the same test succeeds, and I am able to fully sync the directory. Restarting Confluence with the debug flag removed allows synchronisation to continue to work.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Hart October 27, 2013

Here is the solution: restart Confluence after configuring the external directory and installing the server certificate.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2013

Nic: Have you tried manually importing the SSL cert?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events