Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Query for Table Transformer when I have columns with the same name in separate tables

Susan Granz April 28, 2022

I have 2 table excerpts:

T1 - Platform Table generated by a Jira Filter which contains the following fields: 

Issue Type, Key, Parent Summary, Summary, Feature type, Dev Fix Version, NTL Fix Version, Status

T2 - Feature Table generated by a Jira Filter that is just a "parentsof" the Platform Table. There are multiple Platforms per Feature. The Feature Table contains the following fields:

Issue Type, Key, Summary, Epic Link

I am trying to create a table that will merge these 2 tables and give me all of the T1 columns w/ the T2 Key and Epic Link columns

If I use the following SQL, I get all of the Platforms and the Epic Link, but not the Key from the Feature Table: 

SELECT * FROM T1 OUTER JOIN T* ON T1.'Parent Summary' = T2.'Summary'

I thought it might be because I have a Key column in both tables. So, I tried the following:

SELECT 'Key' as 'PKey', 'Parent Summary', 'Summary', 'Feature Type', 'Dev Fix Version', 'NTL Fix Version', 'Status'  FROM T1 OUTER JOIN T* ON T1.'Parent Summary' = T2.'Summary'

But, this returns an error: "TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Key')"

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2022

Hello @Susan Granz,

Please try the following SQL query:

SELECT T1.*,T2.'Key' AS 'Feature Key', T2.'epic link'
FROM T1 OUTER JOIN T* ON T1.'Parent Summary' = T2.'Summary'

BR,
Katerina 

Susan Granz April 29, 2022

Thank you! That did the trick. Now...my plan was to wrap a pivot table around my transformed table so I can place the Feature Key and the Parent Summary as the rows and the platform summary (and key) in the columns. But, I'm getting an error when I try to wrap my transformed table in a pivot table:

Oops! We are sorry but the current complex table cannot be filtered.

Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Susan Granz,

Please raise a support ticket here with the page storage format attached.
We'll try to investigate the issue you've faced.

Thanks!

BR,
Katerina 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events