SEVERE: Error listenerStart on Confluence startup

William Roush November 2, 2011

I installed Confluence, ran into issues with the reverse proxy and MySQL configuration that lead to me missing most of my language files, remove and reinstalled...

Now I can't get the system to start, I went through and removed _3_ duplicate Confluence user accounts (confluence, confluence1, confluence2) and their startups that got created while I've been trying to fix this. I'm back down to one account and one script, and when running "/etc/init.d/confluence start" after nearly _6 minutes_ Catalina's logs dump this:

Nov 2, 2011 5:34:43 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not find a matching property.

Nov 2, 2011 5:34:43 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

Nov 2, 2011 5:34:43 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

INFO: Initialization processed in 857 ms

Nov 2, 2011 5:34:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start

INFO: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone

Nov 2, 2011 5:34:43 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [org.postgresql.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

SEVERE: The web application [] registered the JDBC driver [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2] (value [com.atlassian.core.logging.ThreadLocalErrorCollection$2@47f9d0e]) and a value of type [java.lang.Boolean] (value [false]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:29 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

SEVERE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@56200470]) and a value of type [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory] (value [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@5003813c]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:32 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8090

Nov 2, 2011 5:40:32 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 349035 ms

And I get a:
escription The requested resource () is not available.
Error on the site.

Fresh install from the Linux binaries

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Roush November 2, 2011

Sigh, didn't purge /var/atlassian, some configs were sticking around.

Getting rid of those and reinstalling fixed it.

And nope, no other errors were reported.

pratikraj11 September 22, 2015

Could you please tell ho wid u solve thos Problem in detail.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

Any other error in the logs? Did you check the localhost logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events