cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERPs, login/logout, and Label List pages have no title

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

When I perform a search in Confluence 4.2.1 and land on a SERP (result page), or when I click on a label and land on a page that lists ALL the pages across all spaces that match that label, the title in the browser's tab does not appear correctly.

For example, on the SERP, the title shows literally as "$title - DevCenter".

The logic for this appears to be in the Global Layout:

#if ($sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacename"))
    <title>$title - $sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacename")-#siteTitle()</title> 
  #else 
    <title>$title-#siteTitle()</title>
  #end

But $title is being rendered literally, which I guess means that it has no value. Ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

After a brief investigation, I changed $title in the decorator to $sitemeshPage.getTitle() in the main decorator.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012

Additional info: The login/logout page also shows "$title" in the browser tab rather than "Log In" or "Log Out". Atlassian's doc page shows the correct title, though:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/login.action?logout=true

Look at the tab in your browser, and it shows "Log In". I wonder what I might have changed to cause this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events