SERPs, login/logout, and Label List pages have no title

When I perform a search in Confluence 4.2.1 and land on a SERP (result page), or when I click on a label and land on a page that lists ALL the pages across all spaces that match that label, the title in the browser's tab does not appear correctly.

For example, on the SERP, the title shows literally as "$title - DevCenter".

The logic for this appears to be in the Global Layout:

#if ($sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacename"))
    <title>$title - $sitemeshPage.getProperty("page.spacename")-#siteTitle()</title> 
  #else 
    <title>$title-#siteTitle()</title>
  #end

But $title is being rendered literally, which I guess means that it has no value. Ideas?

2 answers

Additional info: The login/logout page also shows "$title" in the browser tab rather than "Log In" or "Log Out". Atlassian's doc page shows the correct title, though:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/login.action?logout=true

Look at the tab in your browser, and it shows "Log In". I wonder what I might have changed to cause this?

After a brief investigation, I changed $title in the decorator to $sitemeshPage.getTitle() in the main decorator.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

97 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you