It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Rights to manage groups in confluence

Emmanuel Rouillard Oct 27, 2015

I'm evaluating Conflucence for my compagny and I wonder if it is possible to manage groups wihtout being super Administrator of confluence.

I know JIRA quite well and I know that it is impossible.

Is it the same case with confluence ?

3 answers

0 votes
Eduardo Mallmann Atlassian Team Oct 27, 2015

Hello Emmanuel,

That's true for Confluence too. Currently there's no specific permission you can grant to a user in order to allow them to only have access to user management section, so you need to grant Administrator permissions.

I've just raised this suggestion for this, though: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39699

Eduardo

0 votes

Thanks Eduardo, that's my point of view.

But, in my old compagny there was already an old Confluence server and I was able to manage group for my space only.

Do you know how it is possible ? A plugin ?

0 votes

I found myself the solution.

Actually, it is a plugin able to do that : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/raju.kadam.confluence.permissionmgmt

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,415 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you