• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Right now I have two spaces that I want to be searched independantly within Confluence. I do not want search results from another space to appear in the space that I'm searching. how can I make this happen?

Right now I have two spaces that I want to be searched independantly within Confluence. I do not want search results from another space to appear in the space that I'm searching. how can I make this happen?

James Smolich January 19, 2016

Right now I have two spaces that I want to be searched independantly within Confluence.  I do not want search results from another space to appear in the space that I'm searching.  how can I make this happen?

2 answers

1 vote
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

Hi @James Smolich

You can use Confluence's livesearch macro and configure it to only search the given space.   The standard Confluence search bar is still there, so you just need to alert users - we just provide a few lines of text, formatted accordingly to attract attention - to use that specific search bar when desiring to search within that space only.

In some cases (we have almost 200 spaces, many available to all of our 8000 employees) we also employ special plugins, in one case a custom one, that suppresses Confluence's default search bar. 

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

You don't use the The Documentation Theme, right?

The documentation theme automatically includes a space search that does what you want, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/search-139528.html

Search options for the Documentation theme

When using the Documentation theme, the Confluence search offers a few options as described below.

(...)

Using the search box in the left-hand panel:

• By default, the Documentation theme's left-hand panel includes a search box. Enter your search term there, to restrict the search to the current space. Specifically, this will search only the pages that are children of the space's home page.
  • If your administrator has restricted the main search to the current space, there will not be a search box in the left-hand panel.

For screenshots and a full description, see The Documentation Theme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events