Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision control for drawings?

meirionhughes October 21, 2014

Am I right in thinking there is no version control for editing diagrams?

I have a page with a diagram, and if I edit that diagram it changes in all previous page versions too...

3 answers

1 vote
Boris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2015

Draw.io for Confluence Server plugin adds version control for diagrams starting from version 5.1.0.0.

More on that here.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2014

Hi Meirion,

In confluence you can only control the page versions. As for diagrams, if you delete and add a new diagram, then you will create a new version for the page and can compare them afterwards. But, AFAIK, there's not specific diagram version control.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2014

Well, sort of. The attachment is versioned, but the pages all point to the most recent version. On the attachments page next to the diagram attachment file there is a little arrow on the left. If you click it you will see the versions. As for getting the page to show the version that was in use when the page was created/updated ... I don't know that that is possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events