Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting to previous version resolved inline comments. Is there a way out?

Bhakti Paranjpe February 3, 2020

I reverted to a previous version (that had inline comments) without touching any highlighted text where the comments were. The inline comments were auto-resolved with a reason that I deleted the text where the comments were.

Is there a way to get the comments back?

1 answer

2 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2020

Hi Bhakti!

If the version you reverted to has the text that the comments were made on, you may be able to restore them by going to the page and clicking the ellipses in the top right ([...]), clicking Resolved comments, then finding the comment and clicking the option to restore it to the page.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Matthew Carey June 30, 2023

I am also having this issue and I do not see an option to restore a resolved comment. I see the reason for the resolution as "The text was deleted" but I can clearly see the text still in the Document. Was this feature removed in the current version of Confluence?

paul.freeman September 15, 2023

I have the same problem. I have 135 resolved comments in my restored old version of the page, but I only had about 15 resolved in the original. The "restored" resolved comments only appear in a list in a pop up window, with NO "restore" option, and NO indication of where in the doc the original comment was located, only the text it was associated with; this text for most comments was typical "Yes", "No" or "TBC", i.e. not unique.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events