Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions to Page view in Confluence

Yulia November 27, 2014

Hi,

I have a problem in restricting access (view and edit) to ALL except one group in Confluence.

I have a space which is open to All in my company and I have a page under this space that I want to hide from everyone except a few people.

The problem is Confluence does not allow to this on Page level (it is only available on Space level). On page level I can only choose  users or groups who I want to restrict, BUT even if I do so, it doesn't work, I test on some people restricted but they still have access.

Is there any way to restrict a page under space to all except some users?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Yulia November 27, 2014

smile no no, you explained it perfectly! )

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

Yes, you use restrictions, but you claim they "are not working".  Problem is, they work fine for me.  I have a space with company-wide view access, I create a new page, I add a restriction of group X and myself and the page is visible only to me and users in group X.

I think you need to go back over it and test exactly that scenario I describe - use a temporary dummy user who you put in the login group and group X, and log in using a different browser so the sessions are totally separate.

If it doesn't work, tell us what you're doing differently, and also check if you have any plugins that might be affecting the restrictions.

Yulia November 27, 2014

Hi Nic,

It works now. Thanks! I misunderstood the functionality of "restricted" function, I thought it worked in the opposite way.

Thanks for your advice!!!

BR,

Yulia

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2014

Ah! I didn't see that in your question, but now I read it again, you did say it! Sorry, I could have been a bit more clear on that answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events