Restrictions on Confluence Server trial license?

I'm running a trial of Confluence Server.

I tried to add user groups and users, but there are no Add buttons. Is this expected in the Trial version?  What other limitations should I expect?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote

There are no restrictions on trials, the software is identical - they just expire and (mostly) stop working.

If you have no options on maintaining users, that suggests you might have connected it to an external user directory?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did try to connect to our Active Directory, but removed that connection after reading your reply.  No change: no [Add] buttons for users or groups!  Also tried restarting the Confluence service after removing the directory connection.

Any other ideas?

--Bob

Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 12, 2017

I have seen that behavior when the "External user management" box is checked in Administration>Security Configuration.

Yes, good call!  That flag can be set when you have an external directory enabled, then if you remove the directory, the flag can remain set, disabling the internal options!

@Ann

Thank you! That was it exactly.

--Bob

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,538 views 25 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you