Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting the top-right Search bar to be space-specific doesn't seem to work in 5.6

Howard Friedman October 5, 2014

We just upgraded from 4.3.1 to 5.6.3. Unfortunately the now-rounded Search bar does a full site search. We use the Documentation theme, and the "Limit search results to the current space" check box is selected. Curiously, a Search box appears in the left pane above the page tree only when this check box is not selected, the opposite of what I would expect. At least this left-panel search box is space restricted, but it would be nice to be able to get the space restriction applied to the Search box at the top right of the page instead. How do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Howard Friedman October 5, 2014

Thanks Geert,

I see now that is the case: "the top right search bar displays content from any space when you select it, based on your previously visited pages. If you actually search however, you only get results from the current space."

I do think it is misleading (more of a bug than a feature) to show content from any space when the search is supposed to be restricted to the current space, but I guess I can live with that  smile

Best regards,
Howard 

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

Hi,

What you describe is correct: if the documentation theme is limited to search the current space, then you only see the top right search box. If that is not the case, then the top right search box can be used to search the entire confluence site, while a new search box appears in the sidebar which allows you to search the space. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+the+Documentation+Theme#UsingtheDocumentationTheme-Searchingthespaceorthesite.

Now, what I have seen is that when the documentation theme is limited to search the current space, the top right search bar displays content from any space when you select it, based on your previously visited pages. If you actually search however, you only get results from the current space.

I did not test this on the latest Confluence version, so it might just as well be a bug.

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events