Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access to a Confluence space to team, but allow some pages to be world-viewable

Jason Friedman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

The bulk of my team's content should be private to us, but we'd like to enable colleagues outside of our team to view certain pages.

I'd like therefore for all new pages to be created as "restricted" and we can manually "open" certain of them.

What are the correct settings for this?

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

Hi Jason

Viewing in Confluence is inherited when it is not the case with editing.

As long as the parent page is restricted to viewing any child pages created underneath should be restricted to viewing as well.

Best,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

If it helps, a common structure I see is to split spaces into two root parts.  You have a "public" page at the home level and a "private" one, restricted viewing to only your internal users.

Internal users work in pages underneath the private one, and move (or copy, or use other duplication methods) pages that should go public over to the right place in the public tree when they are ready.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events