Restrict Page Creation from a Single Page

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

I know I can restrict users from creating pages within specific spaces. However, I have a space where I want to allow users to create pages except under a certain page. For exampe:

• Space Home
    • Content Page
      • Child Page
      • Child Page
    • Content Page
      • Child Page
      • Child Page
    • Report Page

In the above setup, I have a Report Page that pulls in information from all the pages in the space to display a quick reference to everything through various label filtering. However, I want to prevent users from creating child pages under the Report Page. I have created a macro in the past that prevented comments on certain pages, so I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to create a macro to put on that page that disables the create button in the navigation bar at the top and the Create child page link in the side bar.

5 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

Hi Mark,

You should be able to create a user macro using this FAQ as a reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Display+Different+Appearance+for+Different+Users+Using+Confluence+Layouts

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2014

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I found that less than helpful. The examples are not clearly defining what the user can or cannot do. Where is the rest of the documentation about the properties?

0 votes
Dana Buxbaum March 1, 2017

Mark, How do you restrict users from creating pages within specific spaces? I cannot seem to figure that out and I see you mentioned above, you know how to do that.

0 votes
Carl Frendo June 10, 2015

Thanks for the fast answer, I have raised a ticket with atlassian also regarding this functionality [CONF-37855]

0 votes
MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2015

Unfortunately, I have not. I've been manually monitoring and training people not to create pages in that location, so it's been rather labor intensive.

0 votes
Carl Frendo June 10, 2015

Hi Mark, I am having the same problem and would like to ask you if you have managed to find a solution. Thanks, Carl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events